The term "Affluenza" has been hitting US headlines lately. Thanks and no thanks to Texas 16-year old Ethan Couch who killed 4 innocents during an alcohol-induced car crash in 2013.
Contrary to popular belief, the term is not a recent one. It has been around since the 1970s.
But it was used for the first time in court during the sentencing phase of Couch's trial. According to a psychologist, Couch is suffering from Affluenza - a state of irresponsibility induced by the comforts provided by the wealth of his parents. As a result, he can no longer even distinguish between what is right, and what is wrong.
In short, Wealth made him bat-shit crazy!
But does this psychological condition afflict individuals only?
I don't think so...
It can even afflict the Leadership of a country of 1.5 billion people. The serious symptoms of which are the following:
1. Attempting to rewrite History.
2. Drawing imaginary dashes on Maps.
3. Attempting to replace the current Global Currency with your own.
4. Bribing other countries to replace their currency with yours.
5. Creating artificial islands in international waters.
6. Grabbing your neighbors' territory.
7. Deliberately destroying coral reefs and other marine life.
8. Calling for the disbandment of the most powerful security alliance in the world.
I could go on forever.
But I think I have made my point.
It is indeed a serious mental illness.
And Communist China appears be suffering from Affluenza...